Friday, February 15, 2008

Forgotten Child


Forgotten Child

This is an assemblage from my lost children series. I created this one made with many pieces of found and salvaged metal such as an old metal box, a rusty round cog, a door piece with the above title on it, an old tool handle and a door lock slide that still functions.
On top is a vintage metal hinge with wonderful painted and metal texture, this also created easy display with the hole on the top. A little lost child peers out of the port hole created by the cog. I used a bluish background cut from a 1927 book on ocean life for the background and added paint and glazes to give it a dreamy ocean look. It has a lot more detail than shows in the picture.
I joined them all together to create an evocative fictional relic. It is 11 inches tall and 5 inches across. I used pieces of text from an old book to create the wording: Forgotten Child.

No comments: