Monday, March 21, 2011

Raft bundles


Raft bundles, originally uploaded by moonwild.
These are some little raft bundles I made with red willow, leaves and threads.
I added little snippets of text. They are small, about 3 inches long I think I can use then on journal covers, art quilts, and add them to assemblage pieces. I may be thinking of the tsunami and all the people bundling up their possessions and the little fragments of their life. I find my thoughts are often first revealed in my art work.
Do you find your art is affected by what is happening in your environment?
I know that when it is winter my palette is pale as the snowy landscape. About March, much like a plant, I begin to feel the urge of spring and my palette begins to brighten. The first green pushing up through the earth remind me…Oh yes, there is color! I see the red of the robin’s breast and a flash of bluebird, and their colors begin to appear in my palette. Spring is here.

No comments: